Well, the hormone haze has officially commenced. I literally cannot think straight. And I can't sleep. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm certifiably insane - grumpy, crying for no reason, and generally not very much fun to be around. I think, for me, the combination of lupus + maximum dosage of injectable fertility meds = trouble. But I will suck it up and keep moving forward because . . . um . . . do I have another choice? All I can really do is just keep swimming (just keep swimming, swimming, swimming).
My complete lack of coherent thought, I'm afraid, will result in a rather disjointed post today. So the following is a roster of random ramblings:
Here's my happy thought of the day: We've officially picked Gladney as our adoption agency and the ball is now rolling! I had a phone consult with Debra Parris yesterday, then she emailed me an "Adoption Information Sheet," which is basically an application to be allowed to apply to adopt. Just thinking about all the paperwork makes my head hurt! But SM and I filled out the forms last night and I dutifully emailed the information back to Debra today. So we are on our way!!! What's your happy thought for today?
Here's my super grumpy, hormonal rant of the day: Please divert your eyes!! Don't look directly at the beast!! I'm warning you!
- I'm working toward the NCLM "Iron Commentor" distinction and am wondering: Why did people sign up for NCLM if they had no intention of updating their blogs, much less reading their comments or - gasp - leaving comments for others? I know things happen and plans sometimes change, but I'm really tired of leaving comments, week after week, on the same post some absentee blogger hastily wrote back on May 15th. Can't we please take these lame people off the NCLM list?? Can I get an "Amen," sisters?
Here's my "only in L.A." moment of the day: While getting my hair cut this morning, I sat next to one of the "American Glad.iators." His name's Mike Le.vine, and he plays "Ti.tan" on the show. Total Hottie Mc-Hot-Hot. (Waaaay better looking in real life than in his photos.) Damn, why didn't I take the time to put on make up today?
- One of the women in the salon was totally feeling up poor Mike. Can you explain to me why guys are flattered when strange women feel them up? If some strange guy tried to feel me up, I would call 911.
- Here's my blonde moment of the day: Danni and Tommy - I hope you see this. I've been looking all over the blogosphere for you and I can't find your blog! Could you please leave a comment with your url so I can contact you? Thanks!!
- Here's my sanity-saving plan for today: I'm having dinner tonight with several members of the DTMT. (DTMT is a silly nickname my girlfriends and I use for our little group.) My girlfriends ROCK, by the way. If they can't cheer me up, no one can. Do you have anyone in your life who can always cheer you up, no matter what?
Here's my tag of the day: I've been tagged for a meme(!) by two of my favorite bloggers - Trace and Almost Mrs. Joyner. Everyone knows how much I LOVE games, so I'm happy to oblige.
The idea for this meme was prompted by the book "Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure," by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser. In the book, the writers recount the infamous tale that Hemingway once bet ten dollars he could sum up his life in six words. Hemingway's words were, "For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn." He won the bet. So here goes my attempt at following in Hemingway's footsteps (yeah right!):
And now, I dutifully pass on the meme to a few of my favorite people in the blogosphere. Here are the rules, ladies:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog (including a visual illustration, if you so choose).
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post http://bookbabie.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/6-word-memior-meme/, so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere.
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links.
5. Don't forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
I hope you enjoy the challenge. I thought this meme was tough, but fun!